Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla

Ring.cx client configuration

edited October 2015 in Phones
Hi , I have Ring client on Linux available from http://www.ring.cx/ . I would really like to be able to use this client. Can You help me configure it. image
Here are the settings I have - they come back as invalid - the passwords etc are correct these are obviously examples and not my actual account settings

Use STUN checked and URL stun.sonetel.com  

proxy set to sip.sonetel.com  I've also tried sip:sonetel.com and sip:sip.sonetel.com  with no luck. 

Can you please check if this client is compatible with your service?

Comments

• Hi David,

I am not familiar with ring Ring Client settings and am unable to view the image attached. I couldn't find relevant information on internet.

You should be able to configure a SIP phone following the below instructions:

SIP server or SIP Proxy: sip.sonetel.com
    SIP User ID and Authenticate ID: First part of your email address like “joe” in “joe@company.com
    Domain/Realm: Second part of your email address like “company.com” in “joe@company.com
    STUN server: stun.sonetel.com

If your phone has a field for Outbound proxy do like this instead:
    Outbound proxy: sip.sonetel.com
    SIP Proxy: Second part of your email address

Other recommendations
    If SIP phone has Phone number field, enter your User ID (as defined above).
    Use ICE for the firewall detection, if available.
    SIP registrar has the same address as SIP server.
    IP port for SIP proxy is 5060 (according to standard).
    Transport type is UDP.

If you still need assistance please send email to support@sonetel.com with the configuration screenshots. We shall check and guide you with configuring it.

Not sure if those will show up...  Thanks for your reply - I've sent them to the email you suggested...
  • Hi David,

The images are not showing up here.

I have checked your email and responded to it. Please check.

• i have the same problem with a Liksys PAP2 for put the SIP of sonetel in my device, i make every thing but the voip said  me is OFFLINE i dont understand. thanks