Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla

The Soneltel Phone System cannot be reached at this time.

edited November 2012 in Sonetel Client
I cannot login to sonetel client. please help.

Comments

• I have been using this phone for some time now and it works well on my computer. If you are still facing this problem, try to connect from a different network. This may fix your problem.
  • I have the same issue, please help me fix
  • We have checked your case history and we see that our team has already answered your query via email and has requested a screenshot of the 'Connection' tab. 
  • Please am having the same problem. Somebody should help me please
  • Please make sure that the Sonetel client is allowed to access Internet, if you are behind a firewall. 

This can sometimes also happen if you have special characters in your password like “$”, etc.

If you do have special characters in your password, please change it and try logging in again. You can use the 'Lost your password' function available here to change your password. Please send an email to support@sonetel.com if you still experience the same issue.
  • 1. Can't login to Sonetel on Android
    2. Can't login on desktop
    3. Support number in the UK: for sales press 1, for support press 2. - I press 2 and it turns out to be invalid selection LOL nice service.
  • It is few days that I am getting the same problem, for several hours I cant connect to the sonetel network... then it fixes by itself. The connection to internet is ofcourse enabled and i am not behind a firewall. (actually i have a direct fixed IP)
  • Their 'customer support' added two of my email addresses to spam list when I had tried to ask them about the issue. Perfect service...
  • Maurizio Gallo- Our engineers have resolved the issue. Please send an email to support@sonetel.com if the issue is still experienced.

Victor Antonov- Due to a configuration error in our SPAM-prevention, all emails to Sonetel were rejected during a few hours with the incorrect message that the IP address of the sender was blocked for sending Spam.

However, the issue has been fixed. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

• Case #205791 is created for the same issue that comes back again and again.
    I am waiting for a response from the support and nothing comes! With the money it costs, we customers could expect that the sonetel's servers (I hope they have different ones!) can handle the connections they are selling.
    I expect to have this solution fixed and for a long term 

• (1.) Please make sure that Sonetel client is allowed to access Internet.

(2.) Try using a third-party IP phone like Zoiper. The instructions are given here:
    http://www.sonetel.com/site/pmwiki.php?n=Admin.ConfigureZoiper

(3.) This can sometimes happen if you have special characters in your password like '$', etc.

If you do have special characters in your password, please change it and try logging in again. You can use the 'Lost your password' function to change your password:
    https://portal.sonetel.com/portal/UI/Pages/utilities/lostpassword_gui.aspx
  • I have the connection problem with Sonetel Client.

"the sonetel phone system cannot be reached at this time"

I already switched off the firewall to test if this issue caused by firewall, but unfortunately nothing has changed.

Please help me to solve this problem.
  • Please reinstall the Sonetel Client application. And make sure you enter the correct credentials while signing in to the application.
  • Hi, I have the same problem. I tried deactivating firewall, changing password, unistalling and reinstalling, and my connection is fine. 
    What do you advise?
    Thanks
  • The message "The Sonetel phone system cannot be reached at this time" is usually displayed when the Sonetel Client is sending SIP REGISTER packets to our server but is unable to receive a response. This happens when something in your network doesn't allow the reply from our server to reach the client.

There are a few things you can try to fix it:

1. If you have access to the router, or a friendly network admin, see if it has SIP ALG enabled. Try disabling it and check if things work.
    2. Use a different softphone (www.sonetel.com/phones) and see if they work.
    3. If 1 & 2 both fail then you may need to forward "SIP" & "RTP" ports from your router to your PC. Portforward.com has lots of information on how to do this.

If you have an Android or iPhone you can use one of our mobile apps as well. They offer better reliability as compared to VoIP.