Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powered by Vanilla

THERE IS NO AUDIO WHEN MAKING AND RECEIVING CALLS

edited January 2013 in General
Please i just bought this service and anytime i make or receive calls, i won't hear anything neither will my caller hear as well. The surprise things is that i called *11 to setup my voicemail and it was successful as i was able to record and listen to it, which mean my mic and speaker are working fine but why will it not work when on calls. Please help. It's urgent as i really need to make some important calls.

Comments

• Please try to register with a different IP phone and then test for audio. If you are currently using Sonetel client then you may try any other IP phone listed here.

If you still experience the same problem, please send an e-mail to support@sonetel.com so our engineers can investigate this and if required, we can open a media bridge that is generally used to fix audio issues.
  • Is there is test number i could call to test if my audio and mic is working properly  before I make out a business call  ?
  • I just registered with sonetel phone number and when trying to make outbound calls, i can't hear either the ringing nor when its picked. Please help me resolve the issue
  • kurien John: When you sign up for a Sonetel account, a free test number will be assigned to your account for a period of 5 - 7 days along with a test credit of $0.10.
    Samuel Francis: Your account's prepaid balance is negative due to which paid services have been blocked by the system. Please add sufficient credit to maintain positive balance in your account and to make outgoing calls.
  • Hi. I can't hear anything when calling or reciving calls but the other person can. I try with my phoe connected to a fritzbox and with my androip phone. I try to reset my router but nothing.
  • We can see that your query has been addressed by our customer service engineers.
  • i can't hear either the ringing nor when its picked. till yesterday all things are fine but today when i install 2 more x-lite on different system and configure then no voice get on any of 3 xlite on different systems.
  • If there is no audio on both incoming and outgoing calls. Please ensure the STUN server is enabled and set to stun.sonetel.com in the X-lite application. Also, enable ICE.

Check if the issue is expxerienced with a different softphone. The instructions to configure Zoiper are given here:
  • I have the same issue as Alexandru had above on both PC phone and 2 separate clients on Android phone.  This is issue over our WiFi router (even with pass through set) and the Vodafone over the air service.  They can hear me fine...but I can't hear anything.  Can you tell me what his solution was as I see you say it was fixed?  Thanks!
  • I have the same issue: *11 voicemail works perfects, but no incoming or out coming audio. Tested now on grand stream gxp2130 and granddream dp715. what to do? 
  • same issues =(
  • Spencer Parker & Oleg Tkachenko based on the case history, we can see that your query has been resolved by our customer service engineers.

Alexander Kanovsky please reply to our email with the test results, our engineers can then investigate and resolve the issue accordingly.
  • Hello

I purchased your service in the month of October. But till today I have never been able to make any successful call. I do not hear audio from other party or they do not here me. I tried contacting your support but no result in any solution. I have tried a number of times your system charges me but it is all a waste. I have been using www.rynga.com since two years and I must say I have had no problem what so ever. I would like to know the following:

1. Is your service something special that I need a special hardware or software for it to work ?
    2. Do you have a support setup system that could actually solve your customer problems ?

I find it silly to be here trying to solve an issue that is no issue rather a waste of time. I hope you will solve my problem as I have to get down to work and not waste time on making things work with you. If you cannot then please refund as I have no further time to waste.

Ron

• You can download a free Internet phone for making calls across the Internet. You can also call from a regular phone to a local Sonetel access number in your country and then place the international call via Sonetel. If you have an Android phone - download the Sonetel Android app which makes this function fully automatic.

The issue you are experiencing usually occurs when a restrictive firewall blocks the audio packets. If you have STUN on your IP phone, the STUN server should be enabled and set to stun.sonetel.com.

Place a call to *22 from your IP phone and check if you are able to hear the IVR and browse it by selecting 1 or 2. Send the test results to support@sonetel.com
  • i got the same issue but on grandstream 1405 phone. xlite works fine calling to mobile or land lines via sonetel. So i add 2 users to increase the network but audio and voice is not working between extensions or landlines. 

If anyone can help
  • Please place a call to *22 from the Grandstream 1405 IP phone. You should hear 'To update welcome menu, press 1 and To update Company Voicemail, press 2'.
    Please press 1 or 2 to see if you are able to browse through the menu.

Also, please check if 'STUN' has been configured properly in the settings. And update the 'STUN server' as 'stun.sonetel.com'.
  • I've got the same problem and i can't solve it !! I've tried sonetel client for windows and X-Lite and can't hear anything when calling or receiving calls !!

I use a 3g internet network is this a problem?

• 3G generally has longer delay (latency) in getting the data (audio) delivered, which gives a less good overall experience. If you are moving around, you are more likely to drop the call if you have an IP-call across 3G, than if you have a regular telephone call over 3G. Do not make IP calls across 3G unless you are standing still.

More information can be found here:
    www.sonetel.com/quality

Please try using the application on a WiFi network and let us know if the issue is experienced.
  • edited November 1
    i won't hear anything neither will my caller hear as well. The surprise things is that i called *11 to setup my voicemail and it was successful as i was able to record and listen to it, which mean my mic and speaker are working fine but why will it not work when on calls. Please help. i am using GXP2130 Phone